K-101 Perimeter Shield is applied directly to the natural areas around the perimeter of your home, property, or facility. The product is applied to dry grass, brush, shrubs, wood, and other cellulose-type material, with nearly no environmental impact. The product has been developed to protect the ignition zone outside the perimeters of structures or landscaped areas during wildfire events. The product is a passive fire retardant and can be applied at the beginning of the fire season and will remain in place unless exposed to prolonged rain or water exposure. When the areas treated with K-101 Perimeter Shield are exposed to fire or extreme heat, the vegetation or wood forms a carbon char, which interferes with combustion and prevents fire propagation-creating the Ultimate Fire Shield.
It comes with 5 lbs of K-101 to make 5 gallons. 1 Gallon of mixed product provides 100-200 square feet of coverage. Total coverage: 1000-2000 square feet of vegetation (Varies depending on the surface area)
- K-101 Perimeter Shield is a powder mixed with water (1 pound of powder to 1 gallon of water ratio).
- Diluted product is applied on natural areas surrounding homes or landscaped areas.
- Apply a heavy covering layer within a 10ft - 20ft radius from the perimeter of the landscaped area.
- Standard packaging: 50 pounds per bag added to 50 gallons of water.
- The product evaporates where applied and remains until exposed to fire or removed by water.
- Composed of non-toxic materials and environmentally biodegradable.
- Suitable for use on various types of plants and shrubs.
Applying Komodo may vary depending on your equipment. Our Komodo Kit DIY backpacks have been tested with these results.